Tuesday, December 21, 2010

< 1 Day

Left functional hemispherectomy scheduled for 8:30 am tomorrow at Boston Children's Hospital. I feel... confident. Matt Sr. is having dinner with Matthew Jr. at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Jacob is napping. I am blogging and doing laundry and thinking about what Jacob is going to eat for dinner. I have had migraines for the past few days which must be how my body copes with stress because I feel... detached, as if I am preparing to do the surgery myself. I do not feel relaxed but there is something soothing about making a list and checking it twice - packing overnight bags for Matthew Jr., packing a bag for Jacob, packing a bag for Mommy and Daddy, packing, packing, packing... I feel... anxious. I will post again tomorrow afternoon. Thank you everyone for your hugs and kisses and emails and comments and cards and phone calls and Facebook status updates. We feel you wrapped up all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment