Monday, May 3, 2010

Language

At our Hanen class this evening, I discussed Jacob's speech with his therapist. I was concerned because Jacob has a slight paralysis of the right side of his face and I wondered how this might affect his ability to make sounds. His therapist said that she was encouraged by the way that he is able to make clear and crisp consonant sounds and that he is able to move his tongue all around his mouth. I'm pretty sure he has said the words brother (bwahba), ball (bau), and more (moaw) and he has said ma-ma and da-da. The greatest sound he makes of course is his laughter when he's being tickled, when he's being chased, and when he's being naughty. The chasing is the funniest thing because when he isn't scooting, I'm usually holding his right hand but chasing him from behind.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I've heard him say 'Grammy's the greatest!' :)

    ReplyDelete