Saturday, February 26, 2011

Charged

Our video camera battery is dead, otherwise I would have posted a video of Jacob attempting to replace the toilet paper roll. To me this is significant because I have never seen him truly maintain his grasp on an object independently. His hand is weak but he has some real power in his arm. I heart Constraint Therapy even though I have been tempted to remove the cast at times. Guilt. Have I gone too far, expecting too much of this small person who is still dealing with the effects of pneumonia. Laziness. Jacob did not volunteer for Constraint Therapy. We have to consider which of his life activities we need to do for him and which we need to do with him. We have to maintain his two-year-old sense of dignity. I will be sure to post videos this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment