Saturday, October 13, 2012

Happy Birthday

The posts are few and far between.  Life moves so quickly.  Jacob has turned four years old.  His face and body have certainly changed but he still looks like a baby.  He is still naive about the word around him, very innocent.  Matthew has been grown since he was three in terms of the complexity of his thoughts and emotions.

Jacob has been sleeping in his own bunk bed since the end of the summer after years of sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed.  I thought this was a necessary move developmentally and space wise since there will be a new baby in our bed in just a few months.  But we still let him lay with us for a little while before going to bed.  He is irresistible.  I say I love you Jacob and he says love you too.  And he does.

Jacob's IEP review went well.  I can tell that his teacher and therapists know him well, they are seeing what he can do and what he might do.  His speech has really exploded.  I only have difficulty understanding when he uses new words that begin with a "c" as far as I've noticed.




No comments:

Post a Comment